Groundhog Day Fun Ride
Date: Sunday, February 1 (The day before Groundhogs Day)
We will meet at the shop at 1:30 pm and start the ride at 1:45 pm
Ride Level: The pace will be casual, about 10 mph, with a total distance of 7 miles (less if you like)
Description: It's all about the fun of riding so get out that bike, pump up those tires and follow Frederick Town Phil (our friendly furry groundhog) as he searches for his shadow through some of the less traveled streets of Frederick. We will ride to City Hall where Mayor McClement will predict the weather. The ride will be lighthearted. Less experienced riders are encouraged to come join the fun! Homemade hot chocolate, yummy cookies (vegan, too!), and other treats will be served.
• Bring your bicycle to TBE before Groundhog Day for a FREE checkup.
• Not sure you're ready for winter riding? Stop by the shop for some "warm" ideas.
• If you would like more information, swing by and ask!
Maintenance & Basic Repair Clinic
Dates: February 12, 19, 26 from 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Description: Spring is right around the corner and TBE is ready with our Maintenance and Basic Repair Clinic. The classes are fun; they’re free; and they’ll get you feeling more confident to handle those pesky little problems that pop up from time to time. Class size is limited so if you’d like to attend, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301.663.0007. And if you attended the class last year, you’re welcome to join us again!
• Flat Tire Repair Clinic: First things first. Here you’ll learn everything you need to know to fix a flat: how to remove a wheel, take off a tire, replace a tube, and inflate the tire to the proper specification. (6:30 pm - 7:30 pm, Thursday, February 12)
• The Basics of Brakes: Brakes can be tricky. Here you’ll learn some basic fix and adjustment techniques including: how to replace pads, how to stop those annoying squeaks, adjusting calipers, and safety checks. (6:30 pm - 7:30 pm, Thursday, February 19)
• The Gears: Bikes work better when they shift correctly. At this clinic you’ll learn more about adjusting both the front and rear derailleurs. Next time your bike acts up, turn that barrel adjuster for smoother shifts. (6:30 pm - 7:30 pm, Thursday, February 26)
Sunday Road Rides @ Utica Park
Ride Leader: TBE Staff & Friends
Location: Utica Park 10200-B Old Frederick Road. Straight down the entrance road near Shelter 1.
Dates: Sundays, Meet at 1 pm, leave at 1:30 pm
Ride Level: 14-18 mph. Road bikes are best for these rides
Description: Join us for a fun 20-30 mile road ride. It’s more about enjoying the ride, the scenery, and the people than speed, but still going a little faster is fun too. So whether you’re an avid year-long rider, looking to get back in shape, or just interested in enjoying our beautiful county with your fellow enthusiasts, let’s get out together and go for a spin!
Gambrill Night Rides
Every Wednesday Night at 7 pm